24.12.11

Versace Winter 2012 Fashion Show at Milan Fashion Week

Whilst many feel that Donatella has, as of late only delivered 90s throwbacks, which I can't fully disagree with whilst looking at arguably her most famous design since she took ownership of Versace; the 'Jungle Dress', worn by Jennifer Lopez to the year 2000 Grammys, in comparison to some of the pieces from her H&M collaboration:


But then who could blame her, it is fitting considering she started with that design for her career at Versace and used similar designs for her first collaboration with H&M. Anyway, I do feel that she does simple elegance very well when using black white and gold, which is showcased perfectly in the newest show:


I'm not the biggest fan of all the coloured designs in this show, but that said, I do love Donatella's work with leather and embellishment and the simple black and white gowns, very much stick to what I feel Donatella is good at. 

No comments :

Post a Comment