3.11.12

TRENDS // Monochromatic Matte & Sheen



Jil Sander Autumn Winter 2012
Jil Sander Autumn Winter 2012
T By Alexander Wang Fall 2012
Louis Vuitton Footwear Autumn Winter 2012
A lot of designers take A/W as their opportunity to use a monochromatic colour scheme, this pattern can make things feel a little repetitive, so it's interesting to see how different designers make it feel new and also make it their own. This is usually done using some combination of textures and this season is no exception, I've noticed a lot of designers using Matte and Sheen (whether sheen be a treated fabric, leather or some form of plastic) to create the feeling of variety that's needed in a monochromatic collection and I think I kinda like it and it really reminds me of a recent purchase I made (more on that later).

No comments :

Post a Comment