27.2.14

STYLE// Ann Demeulemeester combines her Womenswear and Menswear Shows


Haven't blogged for a while because I've been super busy with Uni deadlines etc. the usual boring stuff but I just read about the Ann Demeulemeester and had to blog INSTANTLY about it.

This is something I feel strongly about, so strongly that I plan to write my Cultural Studies for Fashion Essay about, this term, at Uni.

If there's one thing I hate about the Fashion Industry it's that Men's fashion is treated like the unloved middle child; ignored between all the achievements of Women's Fashion Week and the Couture Shows. After all that the little bit of limelight Men's fashion does get, is restricted by the cultural paradigm of  ' the rules of men's fashion' that irritate me more than probably anything else.

Whilst London Collections: Men is going from strength to strength and gaining stronger footing year on year, it's still nothing compared to the huge spectacle of Fashion Week.

Which is why the Ann Demeulemeester show inspired me this season. She made the (what should be, but is) risky statement of combining both her Menswear and women's show as one. A stroke of brilliance in my eyes as it brought Menswear to the forefront of the fashion industry by force.



No comments :

Post a Comment