21.1.12

Everyday Casual Outfit + Tips on Dressing Casually


Leopard Print Snapback / Supreme / £50
Acid Wash Denim Jacket / Topman / £26
Dark Grey Hoodie / Republic / £15
DIY Bleach Tie-Dye T-Shirt / Was George  at ASDA / £5
Black Skinny Jeans / Topman / £26
American Flag Socks / Topman / £3
Nike Air Max 90 / Nike / £90



I'd like to apologise for how long it's been since my last post, I've been really busy with deadlines at college, all of which are at the end of this month,  the only reason I've put the time in to make this post is because I'm procrastinating doing english and art work. Also my allowance has been cut, so I've had less money to spend on clothes

Anyway when talking about creating a 'casual' outfit I'd say the first tip that comes to mind is that it isn't easy, of course you could create a casual outfit without thinking about the way it looks just the comfort, but if that was the case why would you be reading this. Secondly I'd say layering, layering is important, you don't see layering as much in smart clothes because it's all about the silhouette, casual is different and layering is key, you can put heaps of effort into layering and you will most likely come out with a good outcome, but a structured jacket and a nice neutral hoodie underneath will usually work and look very casual without looking sloppy. Which brings me to my last tip, casual doesn't have to mean messy, some people can pull off that grunge look but in my opinion it takes commitment, commitment which the average person doesn't have to the grunge look, so it might help to add some structure, like a pair of skinny jeans or a structured jacket, maybe even a button down shirt if you wanna go smart casual.

So in general when creating a casual outfit don't think it's easy, think layering and avoid sloppiness.

This outfit will be on lookbook later tonight, the post limit is restricting me at the minute due to some issues with accidental removal of looks.

also note this is the outfit with my nike air max I was asked for.

No comments :

Post a Comment